The native publicity (Native Advertising)
is an advertising technique that consists of the insertion of integrated advertising messages visual and contextually
in digital means eliminating to the maximum the differences between the content of means and the advertising message.
The native publicity is not something that has appeared suddenly; it is the evolution of a format
. During years we are being witnesses of the integration of the brands and products in the content spaces, from product placement
to the sponsorship of the second most exciting ones of an event of great hearing.
At present not only we looked for the mere fact to insert the message in a space of great impact but also that we looked for that it is not perceived strictly as a commercial message
and that has certain relation with the context in which we announced.The intention
of this integration between publicity and contained looks for the following objectives:
- Diminution of the barriers that the users rise before the strictly advertising spaces.
- Contextualisation of the commercial message relating it to the thematic one of the content.
- Increase of the positive perception between a content of value and the brand advertiser.
- Increase of the probability that the commercial message is shared when integrated being in the content.
- Generation of a greater yield in the strategies of marketing of contents increasing the confidence of the consumer towards the brand.
Adapting the concept of
to means Internet, we found as in average digital publishing houses and social networks different inserted advertising spaces in the publishing flow are integrated so that, of the possible less invasive form, the user absorbs the impact of the message without opposition.
This way we obtained that the native announcements are seen the same amount of time and with the same confidence that the publishing content.
Next I am going to tell some to you of the most excellent aspects
of this type of publicity:The segmentation
Unlike other forms of digital publicity, the native publicity responds to a unique criterion of segmentation: the context.
It is evident that if we realised a publicity campaign in means related to soccer, we are looking for a profile of very concrete user, mainly men framed in a segment of age and with an interest in a specific subject: soccer.
But the content in addition to speaking of soccer, talks about to a football team in particular, we will be incorporating to our segment dimensions as the one of location and affinity. We imagine that the content soccer speech and that speaks of Real Madrid.
It would be this good place to sell t-shirts of Real Madrid?
The definition of our segment of potential clients is evident, but the level of affinity towards our product is total.The format
The variety of formats and the scalability with which they are integrated in average digitalises does not stop to grow in relation to the versatile thing of the publishing means, webpages or timeline of the social networks.
- Insertions in the Feeds or Timelime of social networks.
- Insertions disguised between the results search.
- Modules of recommended content.
- Modules of product promotion.
- Commercial spots surrounding the content or text by the article.
- Announcements of visual continuity. Without a defined format, the advertising elements perfectly offer a visual continuity concerning graph and color integrating the advertising message or messages in layout of the page.
the common denominator of the native publicity is the CTRs (click-throught)
This does not mean that the campaigns of native publicity do not work or are less effective.
This means that he is habitual to less observe thousand of impressions of our commercial messages and many clicks in comparison with the SEM
campaigns (Search Engine Marketing)
where the user demonstrates a greater proactive in his conduct.
In the SEM campaigns the user is the one that takes the initiative in search of something and the advertiser anticipates himself offering an agreed option to him to his search.
In native publicity, to the user we found it inquiring on a subject and we offer to him, of amiable and friendly form, a related product and so it is reading.
In counterpart, the fact to integrate our publicity in average digitalises of great hearing and impact confers a presence and capacity to us of distribution that with the SEM strategies we would never obtain.
In many cases the inefficiency of a campaign of native publicity with the inefficiency of its planners is confused. Next I detail 4 errors to
you common to
a campaign in average digitalises
that does not work:
- A bad election of the advertising format
- An erroneous selection of means and contexts
- A bad creativity
- An incorrect reading and interpretation of metric and the KPIs.
After an evil result, usually there is a bad creativity.
Not long ago I read a study of Sharethrought
on the native effectiveness, whose data drew attention to me in addition to by their coherence enough:
- The users see the native publicity with a 53% more of frequency than banners or publicity display.
- Of a universe of 4,770 analyzed users a 25% of them phelp attention to the inserted announcements in feeds as a native announcements against a 20% of them who did it in classic banners.
- The native announcements developed a 18% plus the intention of purchase that banners and increased a 9% the metric ones that defined the affinity to a brand.
- A 32% of users indicated their intention to share a native announcement with a friend or relative against a 19% on the announcements of display or banners.
It is evident that the native publicity is more effective than banners when they are used inserted as modules of publicity differentiated from the rest of content. It means this that there are to end banners? Native publicity versus banners
Lately much has been listened to about the disappearance of banners, megabanners, layers and rich average generally, for the native publicity. Some have gotten to say that banner it has died. This is as saying that the television spots have died because now people use YouTube.
From my point of view these formats respond to objectives similarities very, mainly to catch the attention of the user to communicate something to them. Although the mechanisms that they develop are well different because the moment and the place in which appear are different.
Megabanner at the top of a webpage it is the first impact of information that receives a user when opening a site. If the user does not continue reading the content, the inserted native publicity in the context, will not have any effect.
Although it is certain the line that separates some formats of banner of the native publicity is thin; it is important to consider that must have a harmonic integration, visual and contextual
so that a publicity is understood as native; consequently:
I understand to banner as a unit of digital message that can be used in a context of native publicity or no, following the affinity of his visual and informative content with respect to the content of his surroundings.
Really, we do not have to be surprised of which the advertising formats evolve more because the supports also change, if we spoke of the digital surroundings in which we adopted new interfaces constantly.
The really important thing I do not believe that it is if a format comes to replace another one or if it is better for being the last one.The important thing is that a format fulfills the objective for which has been selected within the framework of a publicity campaign.